Nisa has been doing makeup for over 15 years in Austin, TX. She started as an esthetician in 2001 and quickly fell in love with makeup. She is a former MAC Makeup Artist and has attended several education classes over the years learning new techniques, fine tuning her skills and cultivating her talent.
Nisa continues to stay up on the latest trends, styles, and products bringing them to all of her clients. Practicing cleanliness, sterilization and "hands-off" techniques is very important to her and it keeps Nisa from cross contamination or exposing her clients to harmful bacteria.
Awards: Best Technique (Austin Fashion Awards), Couple's Choice Award (Wedding Wire) and Best Of Weddings 2017 (Borrowed and Blue).
Published: Brides Magazine, SPIN, Tribeza (Austin), Waterways (Lakeway), The Knot Texas Magazine, Martha Stewart Weddings, Southern Living and Brides Of Austin.
Career highlights: New York Fashion Week, SXSW, CNN, KXAN, Sheryl Crow, Zac Posen, Project Runway All Star Designers, Diehl Automotive, Walk The Earth, and several independent short films.
You can find tutorials that Nisa has done about makeup on Camille Styles Lifestyle Blog. When she isn't doing faces, Nisa can be found drawing, seeing music or taking care of her young son. Nisa is proud to be an Austinite but is available for travel all around the world.
Fun Facts about nisa:
- Started Nisa Nicole Makeup Artistry in 2006
- Nisa is based in Texas but is willing and able to travel to any location around the world
- Nisa has a creative and artistic background and has created her own greeting cards, worked as a portrait artist at Disney World, painted murals, created customized gifts and keepsakes, and continues to explore her talents in oil painting, watercolor and charcoal drawing classes.
- Her favorite holiday is Halloween (for obvious reasons! Contact her for costume makeup of any kind)
- Nisa is professional, personal, prides herself on her customer service
- All of Nisa's brushes are cleaned between each client and "deep cleaned" once per month (more often in busy months)
- She is a voice of calm in a room of chaos
- Nisa does not advertise but relies heavily on referrals, reviews and relationships she has built in the makeup industry